Cadaver is a pretty tough word, but we're here to help you better understand it...with EXAMPLES!
When learning new words, it's important to see how they're used, or to see them in the different contexts in which they're often used, and that's just what we'll do to help you better understand cadaver (and many other English words!). By seeing different ways you can use cadaver in a sentence, as well as synonyms and antonyms of cadaver, you will have a much better grasp on how it should be used, and you'll feel more confortable with using it much sooner.
Below you will find the definition of cadaver, followed by 38 sample sentences (from real sources), gradually increasing in length.
(noun) - the dead body of a human being
EXAMPLES - Cadaver in a Sentence
- The flesh is pale yellow and rubbery, cadaver labia. (source)
- Unquestionably, they'll be calling the cadaver dogs in. (source)
- Len sideswiped Barry's motorized cadaver at 15 miles per hour. (source)
- They have at their ready, if necessary, so-called cadaver dogs. (source)
- She attempted "cadaver," misspelled it, missed a turn, and lost. (source)
- Well, they revive the 1918 Spanish Flu virus from a frozen cadaver. (source)
- Only whiny poopy-diaper babies get cadaver tendons grafted into their arms. (source)
- He chose to have a graft from his hamstring; most players go the cadaver route. (source)
- The surgery costs $10,000 or more, depending on whether cadaver tissue is needed. (source)
- A body bag and cadaver transport device manufactured by Mortuary Response Solutions. (source)
- Meanwhile, investigators say cadaver dogs may have found remains on the Garrido property. (source)
- In these situations, cadaver skin is sometimes used, but may be rejected by the patient's immune system. (source)
- However, the mirror in front of the 'cadaver's' mouth was clear and uncoated by any trace of life breath. (source)
- Even now, when cryogenic techniques are much advanced, the process of freezing is highly damaging to the cadaver. (source)
- The operation is an outpatient procedure that involves replacing the ACL with tissue from the patient or a cadaver. (source)
- She saw the pizza as more of a cadaver than a meal - and had been performing dissections on it ever since it arrived. (source)
- In "Take All of Murphy," the anatomy demonstrator tells the medical students, "This fine cadaver is your first patient. (source)
- This battle with nafs will continue until my cadaver is cold, but Ramadan is yet another opportunity to polish the soul. (source)
- Daniel stopped to talk a reporter just as several of his fellow surgeons were emerging from a series of cadaver workshops. (source)
- It is formed by the slow hydrolysis of fats in decomposing material such as a human cadaver by action of anaerobic bacteria ... (source)
- Arlecchino is trapped with his own paramour, Colombina (Aniko Olah), in the surgery room -- and forced to play both physician and cadaver. (source)
- With this prospect in mind, towards the end of January 1924 Krasin constructed a refrigeration system designed to keep Lenin's cadaver cool. (source)
- I called another cadaver dog handler that I know that works for Osceola County sheriff ` s office, and had her come in for a secondary search. (source)
- The Los Angeles Times says a coroner's sniffer dog, known as a "cadaver dog", found the hand about 50 yards from where the head was discovered. (source)
- "Get at your enemy and crush his head, or lie down yourself a crushed 'cadaver'" -- that was our way of fighting, and that was the way we won victories. (source)
- Family members of victims Keith Call and Cassandra Hailey had arranged for cadaver-sniffing dog teams and dozens of other volunteers to search near the parkway June 5. (source)
- Lister showing that something as simple as washing your hands - and not coming in directly after working on a cadaver to perform surgery - cut surgical deaths immensely. (source)
- Now the news of his death is reporting that his cadaver was discovered inside the Lyon home he shared with a girlfriend in a chest freezer --- his body on ice for more than two years. (source)
- It's the undead you have to worry about: Kris Jenkins on why he opted not to have a cadaver ligament used in his ACL reconstruction last year (via @BobGlauber of Newsday): "I don't trust dead people." (source)
- Skulls Unlimited is one of the only facilities in the country to offer full cadaver preparation, meaning that it will transform fleshy bodies into glistening skeletons, with the assistance of dermestid beetles. (source)
- FBI agents and police from Costa Mesa and Long Beach searched El Dorado Park with cadaver dogs for two days before finding the head thought to be Samuel Herr, 26, on Saturday, Costa Mesa police Sgt. Patrick Wessel said. (source)
- Over in the Chesapeake Room of the hotel, a team of doctors wearing rubber gloves and spatter slickers had been attending a cadaver workshop titled "Facial Rejuvenation by MACS Lift" (a modified, less invasive facelift). (source)
- To wit: "We asked the source to come out and help, but he didn't want to and didn't specify as to why," said Sneed's source, who also stated the search was conducted with cadaver dogs over two sites comprising several acres. (source)
- Police spokesman Mike Powell, who isn't related to Susan and her family, said on Monday that no one should confuse the use of the so-called cadaver dogs with a declaration by police that the investigation has been classified as a homicide. (source)
- Currently, people with eye burns can get an artificial cornea, a procedure that carries such complications as infection and glaucoma, or they can receive a transplant using stem cells from a cadaver, but that requires taking drugs to prevent rejection. (source)
- I love the piece, the Trio, the Flute Sonata, Dialogues des Carmelites, and Fiancailles pour rire (how can you resist a text like "my cadaver is soft as a glove"?) but I think maybe you're reading history back into the Sextet, rather than finding it there. (source)
- These images of Christmas cheer are miles away from where I sit now, at the Spence Academy for Young Ladies, forced to construct a drummer boy ornament using only tinfoil, cotton, and a small bit of string, as if performing some diabolical experiment in cadaver regeneration. (source)
- Yet today, the same set of leaders in Israel, Palestine, Egypt, Jordan, the US Congress, State Department, Arab League and European Union are still trying to resuscitate these dead talks by suggesting itty-bitty, incremental steps that they hope will breathe some life into this cadaver. (source)
The average Flesch reading-ease score of the 38 example sentences provided below is 52.0, which suggests that "cadaver" is a fairly difficult word that is likely understood by a majority of individuals with an undergraduate degree, and may be found in ocassionaly in news articles or other forms of literature.
We have 9 synonyms for cadaver.
body, cage, carcass, corpse, deceased, mort, remains, skeleton, stiff
We have 1 antonym for cadaver.
PRONUNCIATION & SYLLABIFICATION
View up to 25 definitions of cadaver from 5 different sources, as well as parts of speech.
from The American Heritage© Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- (noun) A dead body, especially one intended for dissection.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- (noun) A dead body; especially the corpse of a human to be dissected.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- (noun) A dead human body; a corpse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- (noun) A dead body; a corpse: as, “a mere cadaver,” Boyle; especially, a body prepared or used for dissection.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- (noun) the dead body of a human being