Whatsoever is a pretty challenging word, but we're here to help you better understand it...with EXAMPLES!
When learning new words, it's important to see how they're used, or to see them in the different contexts in which they're often used, and that's just what we'll do to help you better understand whatsoever (and many other English words!). By seeing different ways you can use whatsoever in a sentence, as well as synonyms and antonyms of whatsoever, you will have a much better grasp on how it should be used, and you'll feel more confortable with using it much sooner.
Below you will find the definition of whatsoever, followed by 40 sample sentences (from real sources), gradually increasing in length.
whatsoever(hwŏtˌsō-ĕvˈər, hwŭtˌ-, wŏtˌ-, wŭtˌ-)
(adjective) - one or some or every or all without specification
EXAMPLES - Whatsoever in a Sentence
- There is no physical expression whatsoever of whom he is. (source)
- No word whatsoever whether she might be a politician some day. (source)
- Good, when he felt in himself no title whatsoever to that epithet. (source)
- No word whatsoever about whether she might be a politician someday. (source)
- No word whatsoever about whether she might be a politician some day. (source)
- And no word whatsoever about whether she might be a politician some day. (source)
- Any observation whatsoever is consistent with an intelligent Front-loader. (source)
- Any excuse for this sign to exist whatsoever is not applicable in this instance. (source)
- What makes no sense whatsoever is filling the desert up with gigawatt solar capacity. (source)
- The fundamental lack of any kind of pragmatic spirit whatsoever is bound to doom them. (source)
- Why his allegations should have any credibility whatsoever is beyond me. water balloon says: (source)
- A married woman in the Colony had no title whatsoever to possessions during her husband's lifetime. (source)
- The only thing mentioned as being protected against that makes ANY sense, whatsoever, is hot powder. (source)
- II. i.235 (338,1) As if that whatsoever God] That is, _as if that God who leads him, whatsoever_ God he be. (source)
- Why these paid servants are permitted to obstruct governance for no good reason whatsoever is unconsionable. (source)
- There was no call whatsoever for people associated with the group COTO to speak directly to Rob or any of the editors. (source)
- The only reason these techniques are presumed to have any effectiveness whatsoever is that they impose severe suffering. (source)
- Trying to restrict political advertising budgets in any way whatsoever is like trying to block a river by standing in it. (source)
- We ` re talking about just no care whatsoever, which is, you ` re know, unfathomable to me because I ` m also a parent as well. (source)
- This was actually "French Vogue" 's supermodels issue, and it contained no models of color whatsoever, which is just astonishing. (source)
- And in this case, we got no call whatsoever from the flight crew, which would indicate something that dramatic had happened awfully quickly. (source)
- And the real fun begins again, as my colleague Wolf Blitzer says, with absolutely no sense of pejorative whatsoever for the fine folks of Vermont. (source)
- The perception of being, or not being, belongs no more to these vague ideas, signified by the terms whatsoever, and thing, than it does to any other ideas. (source)
- If you have modified your BTV like you say you have, it is really no longer a BTV for 80 meters in any sense of the word whatsoever so I am sure it performs pretty well! (source)
- Also what I found didn't make any sense whatsoever is that the protagonist uses a basic wheelchair, yet he's surrounded by advanced futuristic weapons and space vehicles. (source)
- He therefore himself sees no middle term whatsoever, and therefore prefers of what he sees the individual; this is the only thing distinct and sensible that has been advocated. (source)
- He therefore himself sees no middle term whatsoever, and therefore prefers, of what he sees, the individual: this is the only thing distinct and sensible that has been advocated. (source)
- At the time, he had no credibility to his name whatsoever, opting to build his reputation based on an impressive array of original songwriting that captivated most audiences in attendance. (source)
- Hockey are from Portland Oregon, there are four of them (as evidenced by the above photo, duh), and they have an album out now called "Mind Chaos" on no label whatsoever (you can buy on itunes). (source)
- If the goal remains completely undefined, then you can never claim any sort of victory whatsoever, in other words -- because there will always be something about Wall Street which will continue to annoy. (source)
- Yume Kara, Samenai (which I only just now learned about because I guess this information has just recently surfaced in English whatsoever) they didn't do many full-on productions for something like 30 years. (source)
- Also, the new agent and the succeeding agents received instructions that the woman Jees Uck should be given whatsoever goods and grub she desired, in whatsoever quantities she ordered, and that no charge should be placed upon the books. (source)
- The prisoners are now nobodies, with no label whatsoever to define their peculiar extra-legal existence, and the entire rationale for holding them without charge or trial - and the egregious errors made along the way - remain unaddressed. (source)
- Academy, until in 1674 the dog permanently occupied the manger by inducing the King to issue a decree "forbidding all printers and publishers to print any new dictionary of the French language, under any title whatsoever, until the publication of that of the French (source)
- In fact, they looked many other places, what was it - if this man didn ` t look in the bag and didn ` t see the skull, if he has no connection to the Anthony family whatsoever, which is what he said, how is it that he knew this bag was "the bag" that was so suspicious? (source)
- But I will say this, maybe the curiosity is waning a little bit, because one of the most popular successful celebrity magazines, in the U.S. at least, US Weekly, has decided not to put Paris Hilton on its cover, nor mention her name whatsoever in its issue this week, citing "Paris fatigue." (source)
- _Krah_, as everybody knows, is the system of forced labour which is a State perquisite in unprotected Malay countries, and an ancestral instinct, inherited from his fathers, seems to prompt him to comply cheerfully with this custom, when on no other terms whatsoever would he permit himself to do a stroke of work. (source)
- Targeting people with automatic-weapons-carrying SWAT teams and mass raids in their homes, who are suspected of nothing more than planning dissident political protests at a political convention and who have engaged in no illegal activity whatsoever, is about as redolent of the worst tactics of a police state as can be imagined. (source)
- "My Lord," answered Huanacocha, "my first and most serious charge against the young man who sits there, and whom we have for these many months past honoured and served as the re-incarnated Manco Capac, the father and founder of our nation, is that he is an impostor, with no right or title whatsoever to the service and reverence which we have given him. (source)
- So here are some issues that need discussing: having absolutely no rationing of care whatsoever is economically infeasible, providing some level of care to all citizens provides a healthier more productive workforce that reduces uncompensated ER care, any insurance (especially health insurance) functions under principals of socialism, a single payer system gives consumers (i.e. patients) the most bargining power and allows them to dictate prices set by producers (i.e. health care providers). (source)
The average Flesch reading-ease score of the 40 example sentences provided below is 49.0, which suggests that "whatsoever" is a difficult word that tends to be used by individuals of higher education, and is likely found in more advanced literature or in academia.
We have 2 synonyms for whatsoever.
We have 0 antonyms for whatsoever.
PRONUNCIATION & SYLLABIFICATION
Pronunciation: (hwŏtˌsō-ĕvˈər, hwŭtˌ-, wŏtˌ-, wŭtˌ-)
View up to 25 definitions of whatsoever from 5 different sources, as well as parts of speech.
from The American Heritage© Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- (pronoun) Whatever.
- (adjective) Whatever: no power whatsoever.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- (adjective) Whatever.
- (adjective) In any way; at all.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- (preposition) Whatever.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- (None) Of whatever nature, kind, or sort; whatever: an intensive form of whatever, still separable and used as a correlative phrase.
- (None) What thing or things soever; no matter what thing or things; whatever or whoever.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- (adjective) one or some or every or all without specification