Xenophile is a pretty challenging word, but we're here to help you better understand it...with EXAMPLES!
When learning new words, it's important to see how they're used, or to see them in the different contexts in which they're often used, and that's just what we'll do to help you better understand xenophile (and many other English words!). By seeing different ways you can use xenophile in a sentence, as well as synonyms and antonyms of xenophile, you will have a much better grasp on how it should be used, and you'll feel more confortable with using it much sooner.
Below you will find the definition of xenophile, followed by 5 sample sentences (from real sources), gradually increasing in length.
(noun) - A person attracted to that which is foreign, especially to foreign peoples, manners, or cultures.
EXAMPLES - Xenophile in a Sentence
- Well, you saw for yourself that she's no xenophile. " (source)
- The vegetation consists of xenophile forests mixed with palm savannas. (source)
- They were implied to be perverted xenophile lovers, out to sabotage humanity's genetic purity through genetic admixture. (source)
- Even though they looked almost human, the Nevisians would no doubt have plenty of fascinating differences to intrigue a xenophile like Uhura. (source)
- Ethan Zuckerman writes a great piece about how Paul Simon's Graceland album came to be, with some of the historical context, backstory and being a xenophile. (source)
The average Flesch reading-ease score of the 5 example sentences provided below is 42.0, which suggests that "xenophile" is a difficult word that tends to be used by individuals of higher education, and is likely found in more advanced literature or in academia.
We have 6 synonyms for xenophile.
novelle, on file, senile, sensile, servile, xenophobia
We have 0 antonyms for xenophile.
PRONUNCIATION & SYLLABIFICATION
Pronunciation: (zĕnˈə-fīlˌ, zēˈnə-)
View up to 25 definitions of xenophile from 5 different sources, as well as parts of speech.
from The American Heritage© Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- (noun) A person attracted to that which is foreign, especially to foreign peoples, manners, or cultures.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- (noun) A person infatuated with foreign people and culture.
- (noun) A person very interested in celebrating people's differences.